Alerts & Actions
MHRN Seeks Applications for Legislative Grassroots Organizer
MHRN is seeking a Legislative Grassroots Organizer, located in Helena or remote for a 40 Hour Per Week Temporary Position.
Experience: Community organizing experience is strongly preferred, but not required for an application to be considered. Legislative or issue education campaign experience is preferred, but not required for an application to be considered. Experience with the Voter Activation Network (VAN) is preferred, but not required for an application to be considered.
Job Description: The legislative grassroots organizer position runs immediately through April 30th 2021. This position’s main responsibility will be to mobilize voters to engage in the 2021 Montana Legislative Session on the Montana Human Rights Network’s legislative priorities of LGBT Rights and economic justice. The grassroots organizer should be able to coordinate and collaborate with a diverse team of individuals representing a variety of organizations working on LGBT Rights, Economic Justice, Criminal Justice, Countering White Nationalism, and Racial Justice. An ideal candidate should also have the capacity to work independently to achieve the civic engagement goals of these campaigns. This position will require an individual to work some nights and weekends, and be adaptable to changing hours as legislation moves through the Legislature. All work will be conducted virtually per health guidelines with Covid 19. At home work is possible and preferred but Helena office space is available with required mask usage while in the office. All equipment and software to conduct the job is provided as property of MHRN.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers
- Plan and execute volunteer phone banks and texting programs
- Participate in planning lobby days
- Recruit community members to testify on legislation virtually
- Enter and manage data from volunteer activities
- Draft sample letters to the editor
- Draft sample letters to legislators
- Draft sample legislative testimony
- Draft legislative action alerts
- Participate in event planning(virtual)
- Participate in staffing events(virtual)